Accessible exclusively by boat, Playa Cativo Lodge private rainforest reserve is surrounded by the Piedras Blancas National Park, a former extension of the Corcovado National Park and across from Osa Peninsula in Southern Costa Rica.
Cativo's El Gavilan Restaurant serves gourmet cuisine, using fresh organic ingredients from its farm-to-table program, while enjoying spectacular views of the Golfo Dulce. There are many tours and activities, including rainforest hiking, kayaking, stand up paddle boarding, snorkeling, and birdwatching. You might also relax having a massage or yoga session, or simply laying at the swimming pool watching the sunset.
The different eco-system at Cativo allow to observe a large variety of birds, animals and plants in a relatively small area. The intimacy and privacy of Playa Cativo makes this romantic destination a great place to visit.
Accessible only by boat
Luxury beachfront accommodations
Gourmet a la carte dining
1000 acres of private rainforest reserve
In-House Adventure Center
Fresh ingredients from organic farming
Kayaking, SUP and snorleking
Free WiFi in all rooms and social areas
Room Service available
Swimming pool with sunset view
Beach Front Hotel
Daily Maid Service
Hotel near Beach
Hotel near Forest
Restaurant On Site
Smoke Free Rooms
Telephone in Room
Playa Cativo Lodge in Costa Rica Official Video
Rainforest Wildlife Adventures in Golfo Dulce are accessible when staying at Playa Cativo Lodge, across from Osa Peninsula and Corcovado National Park.
Aerial View of Playa Cativo Lodge, Beach and Bay
Playa Cativo Lodge Rooms
The rooms offer natural luxury, total comfort and outstanding service. With majestic ocean views, all of our elegant guestrooms are just a few steps from the beach. Constructed from precious reclaimed hardwood and colorful tile works crafted by local artisans, all rooms have a king-sized bed, ceiling fans, sofa (or pullout bed), Wi-Fi, and safe box.
The bathrooms include rain showers, biodegradable bathroom amenities and cotton bathrobes. Their open design allows you to immerse in nature from the comfort of your room.
• El Gavilan Restaurant: Overlooking Golfo Dulce, El Gavilan Restaurant features gourmet dining in a romantic private setting. Inspired by the breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean, the restaurant offers the best of seasonal organic produce harvested daily from the on-site farm, along with organic poultry, locally-caught seafood, and grass-fed Costa Rican beef.
• Fresh Water Swimming Pool: Our fresh-water, chemical-free, outdoor swimming pool is a great place to relax. With an impressive view of the sunsets over the Golfo Dulce, you’ll enjoy delightful poolside beverages from our bar while working on your tan. It’s the perfect place to relax after your rain forest adventures!
• Library and Business Center: Read about the incredible Golfo Dulce and Costa Rica’s natural history, the surprising creatures you have just encountered in the forest, or just a novel, if you prefer. Wi-fi and complimentary computers with Internet are also available.
• Our Organic Farm: We have successfully added many organic products, including tomatoes, carrots, yucca, peppers, beet, cilantro, celery, mustard, basil, green beans, beans, cucumbers, plantain as well as many herbs. We also grow fruits such as pineapples, coconuts, papayas, bananas, passion fruits, limes, oranges, mangos, star fruit and a large variety of exotic fruit.
• Wireless Internet Access: In all rooms and common areas.
• Concierge Services.
TOURS AND ACTIVITIES • Self-Guided Cativo Bay Snorkeling. • Off-Grid Alternative Energy Tour. • Artisanal Hand-Line Pier Fishing. • Introduction to the Tropical Wildlife. • Rio Esquinas Mangrove-Ocean Kayaking Tour. • Organic Farm-to-Table Program Experience. • Piedras Blancas National Park Nature Hike Tour. • Nocturnal Rain forest Guided Expedition. • Beach, Wetland and Rain Forest Bird Watching Tour. • Golfo Dulce Snorkeling Half-Day Trip Tour. • Golfo Dulce Stand up Paddle Board (SUP) Adventures Tour. • Rain forest Waterfall Hike & Swim Tour. • Dolphin and Humpback Whale Sightseeing Tour in Golfo Dulce. • El Chorro Power Hike. • Golfito or Puerto Jimenez Half Day City Tour. • Osa Wildlife Sanctuary Tour. • Casa Orquideas Botanical Garden Tour. • Golfito Deep Sea Fishing Tour.
• Yoga & Yoga Platform: Playa Cativo provides a perfect and peaceful Costa Rica yoga retreat, where individuals and groups can relax and renew their body and spirit in a tranquil beach front setting, with the sounds of nature in the background. Multi-style yoga classes permit us to teach all levels.
• Adventure Center: Stand up Paddle and Cativo Bay Kayaking are available for use anytime at our adventure center.
• Gardens: Our gardens are abundant with butterflies, exotic birds and mammals - all enhanced by the sound of the waves and an unforgettably beautiful tropical forest paradise. The impressive variety of plants and bird species will keep you busy for hours.
Dolphin Watching Tours
Family Friendly Tours
National Park / Reserve Tours
Location & Map
Southern Costa Rica Map
Satellite Map of Playa Cativo Lodge
Playa Cativo Lodge is Playa Cativo, Golfo Dulce, Costa Rica
Rates include all a la carte meals, personal meet and greet at the local airport (Golfito or Puerto Jimenez), scenic boat transfer to Playa Cativo, selection of coffees and teas, use of kayaks, stand up paddle boards and snorkeling gear in Cativo Bay, a choice of selection of guided tours, self guided trails, refillable spring water bottle. Does not include 13% tax.